Margie ....I miss you so much!

>> Thursday, May 28, 2009



Lately I"ve really been thinking about my dear friend Margie, She was a woman who was filled with life! She was such a good friend to me in my time of need, as I was in hers. As I grew to love her more and more each day, the cancer that was consuming her body also grew,finally God gave her peace.

I often go to her resting place, sit and think of all the things we used to do, she loved going for rides in my car! She loved to shop! She loved black cherry Ice Cream! She loved going for coffee, and oh yes she loved pink and purple flowers.

Margie cared about me. She would always say things will get better when I truly thought things wouldn't. She also poured out her heart to me, when she was fighting the fight for her life. We would have intense chats while she was in the hospital, and I'd have to remind her ....don't give up, like she always reminded me.

When I was planning my wedding she was in the hospital, this would be her last visit there, I gave her the very first wedding invitation, and pinned it on her wall for her to look at. She was so excited about the day that she knew she wouldn't live for.

One of the long nights as I sat with her , she asked me ...what does your dress look like, I started explaining in detail the dress I had not bought yet, she didn't know that but I needed to give her a picture of what it would be like cause she wouldn't be able to make it to the wedding. I did go out and get the dress I described, and i know she was watching from Heaven, but as I explained to her I looked at her , her eyes were closed and the tears were going down her cheeks.

I miss her so much, She was a huge part of my life..... So today I went to visit her again and brought her a gift ... thought it was finally summer and good weather so I spruced up her place.....here are some pictures, I know she's smiling from Heaven eating Black Cherry Ice Cream!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 29, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Very nice tribute to your dear friend, i am sure you were just as much a blessing to her as she was to you!

Post a Comment

Check it out!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP