Alot of mixed feelings today

>> Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Here I sit , its early afternoon, my eyes are burning , and I've been lacking sleep. It's the joys of working Night shifts and I'm not used to doing them. I'm not saying they are bad , its just not normal for me to get up a few times a night, I'm a sleeper ..... Oh I can sleep!

This afternoon I may just have a nap who knows , got to be back at work for 5 pm to do another over niter, then after that I will have one more over night shift and then back to a day shift for half a day and then will be back later in the evening on Friday to spend the night again.

Just looking around the house here , my puppy is on one couch crashed out and oh the cat is on the other one doing the same thing............must be nice to be a pet huh?? You get someone to open and close the door behind you , You get waited for , You get fed , and even cleaned up after , You get affection , and wow You don't have to pay any bills.......yup pets are darn lucky I'd say ....LOL

We are going thru a cold spell right now , Mexico's been on my mind ....AGAIN! But I know , there isn't a trip this year. Who knows when we will go on another one. Probably not for afew years I'd say, actually I know it won't be for a few years. ........ oh well thank god for memories.

My best friend, lost her hubby this past week, That has been on my mind alot. I wish I was closer to help her go thru this tough time in her life. I know she's happy that he's not suffering anymore but I'm sure she will be so lonely without him. I guess that's all I'll say about this cause I don't want to break down and cry about it anymore today.

Next week when work hours go back to normal I"m going to give myself what I call a "ME DAY" yup you know the kind where you just go out and do something fun and for yourself? I think I'll go to Brandon and visit a friend who's going to have a baby soon , and also my cuz who has MS. Then do abit of shopping and then come back in the evening. Yup a day out, away from this city where everything is always the same, where nothing exciting happens. Just thinking of it , makes me smile!!

Missing my grand kids alot, they are always on my mind, I'd call Nevada today but with my mood being Little shaky today I'll pass! Brayden is to tiny for the phone calls yet and Jaida lives with her mom and step daddy so I only talk to her when shes' with my son and his family.

Nevada is a angel! She looks at me and gives me the biggest hugs a grandma could ever want, she looks you straight in the eyes puts her tiny hands on your cheeks and says "grandma I love you" it just melts me every time.Talk about little one's , they never judge ya, doesn't matter if or what one thinks you did , they love you the way people should love each other , sad to say , makes for the little one's to be the smarter than most huh?

On a good note, my hubby went to court to day to discuss a speeding ticket he got last summer, The police officer who charged him wasn't there , he was in some kinda training seminar in Brandon, So they said my hubby could remand the date of court or go on and admit he was speeding with a explanation which he did , the judge let the fee's go and also the De-merits not be put on his drivers , instead it was made record that he was guilty of speeding and that will stay on his record for 1 year , so he knows he can't get another one .... he will be driving slower .......LOL , that made his day!!!

Well I guess that's all the ramblings I have for today, Think its time for that nap now.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  January 29, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

I'm thinking of you today, I know it was not an easy one. Love you!

Anonymous,  January 30, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

Not sure what all to say to that blog. Of course it's never easy to lose a loved one... so my thoughts are with you and your friend.
As for working overnights and working shifts and jobs one is not use to... yeah i hear that... i relate. It's not nice... not nice at all.
Missing the grandkids... yep... grandkids are a hoot... even when they're NOT yours. Here's hoping you have more time with yours... they grow up way too soon. Ya know.. if i knew grandkids were so much fun i would have had those first.
Miss ya girlfriend.. hang in there.

Star

Post a Comment

Check it out!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP