Wow 118 hours of work in 10 days!

>> Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'm so tired, my eyes burn. That's what I've been feeling since taking on alot of shifts at work. I don't mind the work but geez the last time I seen my own bed was a week ago. I just finished 2 day shifts now and I'm happy to say I'm alive but tired , and now have 3 days off!! whoohoo

Besides the unreal working hours I put in , I had to drive 4 hours back to my hometown, to attend my best friends hubby's funeral, he was only 48 years of age and passed away after a short battle with cancer. I was in shock to hear of his passing...... it blew me away , I thought he was going to beat it.

There were alot of people there , it was good to see the support the family got. They loaded him on the flat bed of his semi and took him for a ride past his homestead and then on to the burial grounds. I couldn't go to the burial ceremony , I headed straight back home to put in a night shift with my client.

I was happy to attend the funeral though, I know what I have to say next could disturb some people but its what I felt as I looked at my friend in the casket , He was at peace , He had no more worries in life , He didn't have to worry about people not liking him, He didn't have to worry about not adding up , or doing the right thing all the time. He was at total peace!!! What a lucky guy .......... I wish.

My emotions really took a toll this week , I can say it was really a hard week. I'm hoping that next week will be easier on me, and hopefully I will be good to myself and not beat myself up like i did earlier .Thank God that monday is a new start of a week!! Cause Sunday was a day of rest !

Well don't really want to get into any more topic's , Not really have anything else to say. I"m home , week is over , and well tomorrow will be a normal cleaning kinda day ......so on that note , I'm heading to bed .......night all .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check it out!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP