Unreal Feelings ..Unreal Pain.

>> Saturday, October 4, 2008

What a roller coaster life can put you Thu. Mine started on September 17th, My family called me and said I was to come home, my dad had gone back into the hospital and it looked like this would be it.I was at work when I received this call so I made the arrangements to leave and off I went as fast as I could home to be with my dad.

I got there around 10 pm, He was laying there not moving, his breathing was not right. My sister Joan and I stayed with him that night. I stayed with him the second night alone. I moved into the hospital. Around 5:30 am , while I was sitting with my dad , My husband called me crying. He said Dad's gone, I said no hun he's not he's still here, as I watched him breath slowly. My hubby said it again DAD is gone. I said no he's not , then he said very clearly to me MY DAD PASSED AWAY! I was numb and in shock, I started crying and left my dad's bedside to go into the hallway of the hospital, words can't describe what I was feeling.

I went to pick up my mom from her place, and brought her back to the hospital , I was still crying. We sat in the visiting room and she said to me , you need to go home to your husband now. I just sat there numb.

Finally I got up and went to see my dad. He opened his eyes , I was holding his hand. He told me to go home, that if he was feeling better they would attend my husbands dad's funeral. I said Dad your not well. He looked at me and said not to worry and to go. I told him as I was holding his hand and crying , dad don't leave me while I'm gone , I don't think I can handle burying to dad's so close together. Then I said I love you and I left my dad.

I came home to find my husband in such great pain. All i could do was just hold him as we both cried.The date now ..September 19th. So after sometime grieving, I started to get stuff packed, house in order and the next morning we left for Fort Langley BC.

We drove Thu the night, taking turns, We were knocking on mom's door Sunday morning at 7 am BC time. Mom and Bill planned a wonderful service for his dad.If you would like to check it out you may at www.mem.com and type in Darwin Briggs.

Daddy Briggs funeral was on September 27 th. What we also figured out was that his mother died the same day a year earlier in Winnipeg.

Sunday September 30 th, We were driving Thu the mountains working our way back to Manitoba, when I received a call , Dad isn' doing well. At first I was told a time frame in which I could make it back home, but Dad was going faster than one thought. My hubby was trying to get me til Calgary so I could catch a plane home,The poor guy even got a speeding ticket in the process!

My Dad passed away before I got on my flight, But I needed to get home anyways. There was now another funeral to be planned out. Dad was laid to rest on October 3rd.

Here I sit , still numb with grief. I know I must go on , but when you loose a loved one or two like I did , it makes you think. Remember to tell someone special that you love them, even if they don't love you back, its important cause one day you won't have that chance.....I did that yesterday!

I'm home now, Dad Briggs stuff is in the living room and I will find homes for it today, I must go on , my Dad wouldn't like it if I just gave up. He would say your a Schellenberg ........come on move on! I am alot like him.......some say that's a good thing , and some may differ.

Daddy Briggs , You will be so missed, I can see you riding a Gold wing in heaven!

Dad Schellenberg, Heaven will love your laughter, I can still hear it now. I loved you and you knew it, I will forever miss you, and we will meet someday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check it out!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP