Positive Attitude...Not always easy!

>> Saturday, November 1, 2008

Anyone else ever feel that way??? I like to start out my day feeling that there's usually always good in everything that happens, even when there isn't. Trying to take the best approach whatever the situation is. Trying to look at the good in people, not saying oh they don't look good today by what they are wearing, or wonder why they don't smile...do they hate life or something??Trying to help those in need, I"m not saying I do it everyday but to know that I have the passion in me to try. I'm far from perfect, I"ll be the first to admit that but it sure does help I believe to have a positive attitude to get you through your day!!

This morning I was talking to my great niece, Julia. She has some imaginary Friends and boy they have such comical lives. So I made up one called "Lucy" and "Lucy" lives in my pocket. Well this morning while talking to Julia on the phone I asked her Do you know where "Lucy" is?? I can't find her. Well Julia got all excited and started laughing and said , she walked home to your house! She's tired now and is sleeping under the blanket in your bedroom. I said really?? Wow I looked all over for her today , thanks Julia I"ll put "Lucy" back where she belongs in my pocket.
Julia said ok , happy to have helped me out, and went on to eating her pancakes and talking to her Grammy who was there for a visit.

Little things like that brings a smile to me, knowing that a 3 year old child is laughing and thinking that she has helped me find "Lucy". I sometimes wonder why we as people just let things attack us and bring us down, when actually by the example in this little story brings simpleness and happiness.

This morning I made a very nice breakfast, I didn't have to make it, I could of thought heck every one's on their own, I should only think of myself, who cares if others go hungry. Now I hardly think this would make the start of a good day now would it. So I made breakfast, even for one who didn't want any. Does that make me feel special for doing it, NOPE. But people need to eat, breakfast is the most important meal of the day they say, so breakfast it was. I just know that if someone made me breakfast , and I'm not even asking for it in bed , I'd be the happiest person in the world.......LOL

Today is a awesome looking day outside, Leah will be very happy to know that she's about to play in the leaves that I'll try to clean up outta the lawn, its going to be a chore, but I'll feel better knowing I did something productive and then I'll hit some well needed housework again.

We have a pot luck dinner to attend tonight, I'll whip up a dish later this afternoon and we will be set to go , enjoy great food, company and friends. What more could one ask for, it will be a exciting evening.

So even though my day won't go perfect, I'm going to hold my head up, smile , thank God for this day, and contunie on having a good one!!!!

Time for Leah and I to work outside.........chow everyone!

Tell someone today to have a great day, smile you'll be surprised back with one I"m sure!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 2, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

Hey, thanks for your post!
I love you auntie! Keep on thinking positive, I'm proud of you!
Can't wait to see you!

Post a Comment

Check it out!

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP